Friday, July 29, 2011

3DS Price Drop

So I was checking out the DS news today and I came across this article today.

Nintendo Stumbles With 3DS: If you were one of the (relatively few) people who bought a Nintendo 3Ds in the first months after its ballyhooed release, you might be upset to learn that you could have paid much less if you had just waited a few months.

Faced with unexpectedly low sales, Nintendo slashed the price of the handheld device to $170, from $250. Nintendo also cut its profit forecast for the year by a whopping 80%. Investors, understandably, are alarmed.

The Wall Street Journal’s Nick Wingfield says Nintendo’s troubles stem from Apple’s successes. The rise in smartphones and tablets means more people are buying Angry Birds for $1 or so than spending money on Nintendo’s more expensive games.

So I immediately checked on Amazon and you can purchase the 3DS for 169.99 there.
Bummer for me because I purchased 1for me and 1 for my son on the release date.

No comments: